Armed with tissue paper, plastic, and just about any other post-consumer waste product they can get their hands on, the designers for the 2012 IAC Trashion Show: Couture Garbáge are working hard to bring their stylish and innovative ideas for the fashion show to life! Take a look at the work that’s been done so far!
1. Purses created by Kathy Tangren made of aluminum can tabs and the Sunday comics.
2. A black one-shoulder dress hemmed with fantastic pink flowers. Designer: Rachel Laudermilch, member of the IUP Fashion Association.
3. Design sketch for the trash bag dress to be featured in this year’s Trashion show. Designer: Maya Cryor, IUP Fashion Association.
4. An elegant dress made entirely out of white trashbags. Designer: Maya Cryor, member of the IUP Fashion Association and a journailsm major at IUP.
5. An edgy dress made from bubble wrap, tissue paper, and other creative materials. Designer: Rachel Laudermilch, member of the IUP Fashion Association.
6. Original design made of magazines and tissue paper. Designer: Kara Marie Roffis, IUP Fashion Association.
To see more beautiful fashion designs like these, be sure to come to the 2012 IAC Trashion Show: Couture Garbáge on March 30th, 2012, upstairs at The Coney! Purchase your tickets today!